Are you making it unnecessarily difficult for your clients and prospects to contact or get a response from you? If so, you’re definitely damaging your reputation & also potentially pushing business away!
As obvious as it seems, many businesses are still doing this day after day.
are you GUILTY or INNOCENT!
Here’s what I mean…
If your business handles customer contact in the following ways, you’re either offering a less-than-optimal level of customer service, or making it harder for new prospects to engage;
- No Contact Us details easily visible on your website
- Broken Contact Us forms
- No confirmation of a successfully submitted Contact Us form
- Submitted Contact Us forms not being responded to within 24 working hours
- A telephone line not linked to an answerphone
- Telephone messages not being responded to within 24 working hours
- A broken email address
- Emails not responded to within 24 working hours
- LinkedIn messages not being responded to within 24 working hours
Whilst of course we know technology breaks and things do go wrong from time to time, just implementing a few operational procedures and aids can go a long way to keeping your existing customers happy and new prospects impressed.
So here are 4 simple ideas to help keep your clients and prospects loving your brand…
- Test your form submissions weekly
- Test your email address weekly
- Use a Virtual Assistant service to link to your phone line
- Add twice daily reminders to your calendar (one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon) for you to check voice, email, and Contact Us form submissions
Nothing particularly ground-breaking you say – and you’d be right!
If you are not handling your customers and clients in the way YOU would like to be handled by a brand, then not only are you selling them short, you’re also doing your company a dis-service.
Making a little tweak here and there can create a MASSIVE positive impact on how your brand and its level of professionalism is perceived.
So why take the risk of alienating the lifeblood of your business?